Wednesday 31 December 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR


-Script-
Harry: I've been doing a lot of thinking. And the
thing is, I love you.
Sally: What?
Harry: I love you.
Sally: How do you expect me to respond to this?
Harry: How about you love me too?
Sally: How about I'm leaving.
Harry: Doesn't what I said mean anything to you?
Sally: I'm sorry Harry, I know it's New Years Eve, I know
you're feeling lonely, but you just can't show up here, tell me
you love me and expect that to make everything alright.
It doesn't work this way.
Harry: Well how does it work?
Sally: I don't know but not this way.
Harry: Well how about this way. I love that you get
cold when it's seventy one degrees out, I love that it takes you an hour
and a half to order a sandwich, I love that you get a little crinkle
above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts, I love that
after I spend a day with you I can still smell your perfume on my clothes
and I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go
to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because
it's New Years Eve. I came here tonight because when you realise you want
to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of the
life to start as soon as possible.
Sally: You see, that is just like you Harry. You say
things like that and you make it impossible for me to hate you.
And I hate you Harry... I really hate you. I hate you.
(They kiss and make up.)
Harry: What does this song mean? For my whole life
I don't know what this song means. I mean, 'Should old acquaintance be forgot".
Does that mean we should forget old acquaintances or does it mean if we happen to
forget them we should remember them, which is not possible because we already
forgot them!?
Sally: Well may be it just means that we should remember
that we forgot them or something. Anyway it's about old friends.
(They kiss and make up, once more.)
Harry (Voice over): The first time we met we hated each other.
Sally (Voice over): No, you didn't hate me, I hated you.
And the second time we met you didn't even remember me.
Harry (Voice over): I did too, I remembered you. The
third time we met, we became friends.
Sally (Voice over): We were friends for a long time.
Harry (Voice over): And then we weren't.
Sally (Voice over): And then we fell in love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first they desagree, but at last they agree and felt in love. They were very hapy and ate sunflowers

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of them eating sunflowers. It’s really innovative, ¿were they vegetarians or something?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if they were vegetarians, I only tried to say in English something similar to a Spanish proverb "and they ate partridges and were very happy"

Anonymous said...

I see, you mean "and they lived happily ever after". Ok, but... you know, happy endings are not endings at all, life always has a sad ending. Sorry for being so negative, life taught me that. moreover I heard on the film Mr & Mrs Smith: "Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet" and it made me think...